Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday 24 September 2015

Sharp LC-80LE632U 80-Inch LED-lit 1080p 120Hz Internet TV (Old Version)







The AQUOS® LC-80LE632U 80" Class is a high-performance LED TV providing more than double the screen area of a 55" Class TV. It features built in Wi-Fi and a full array LED back light.

Large LED

Just a few inches can make a very big difference. Our 60" class TVs provide over 20% more viewing area than 55" class TVs. Our 70" class TVs provide 62% more viewing area, and our 80" class TVs have more than double the viewing area of 55" class TVs.


1080p AQUOS Panel

AQUOS® 1080p LED Display delivers advanced pixel structure for the most breathtaking HD images and 4 million: 1 contrast ratio.


Smart TV


SMARTER SMART TV gives you the most popular apps and movies on demand with web browser.


Sleek Thin Design


Series LED TVs are all sleek enough to mount anywhere.


  • 120Hz, SMART.
  • Built-in Wi-Fi.
  • 4 HDMI.
  • 6M:1 Contrast Ratio.
  • Netflix/VUDO/Cinemanow.


CLICK –




SAMPLE CUSTOMER REVIEW'S

1) More than just a big set - I would consider myself a home theater enthusiast (although I am sure owning an 80" might be a give away on that ;) ). As such, I constantly find myself comparing sound systems, displays, and other home entertainment devices with friends, or simply visiting stores or reading articles on the latest releases. When I heard an 80" full backlit display would be available for under $4K I was intrigued, when i heard it was a Sharp I was skeptical... Spending some time on AvsForum I couldn't help but notice all threads had nothing but glowing comments from people and calibrators I place a lot of trust in.

I went to a local BestBuy to view it, and was disappointed. However, having worked at CircuitCity in my college years I know all to well you cannot trust what you see in electronic stores as many simply have the contrast and backlight cranked up to the max, or using the dreaded "dynamic store mode".

Luckily I had brought a USB key with some 1080P trailers and some settings from AvsForum to use as a reference. Settings in place, I immediately knew i had found my next set.

Seeing the set in the store you realize it is very large, getting it into your house... well that is a feat in itself. Fortunately at just a bit over 120lbs it is not much heavier than the 60" plasma it replaced, but with nearly double the surface area it is a huge difference in a viewing experience.

So onto the good items:
Movie Theater Sized viewing at home (Yes, i know projectors are bigger, but for those of us without dedicated theater rooms this works great, even in bright room conditions).
Picture quality (with the right settings this set is scary accurate and gorgeous to watch)
Easy to mount (with a set this wide you may be concerned about finding a bracket to mount it, but the VESA mount points are industry standards and work well with a variety of mounts)
Built in Wifi that works very well on my network
Nice codec support on the USB playback. (I have watched many shows/videos/photos from a thumb drive)
Understated design (this will vary from person to person, but I like my TVs to not draw attention to themselves when off, although with a set this big that is hard) It has a minimal, no frills frame that i prefer.
Very good 60Hz performance while watching sports/fast moving shows. (I am not a fan of artificial refresh rates and keep mine in game mode)
Playing PS3 on this set is phenomenal, as is Blu-Ray performance.

Cons:
Viewing angles at closer distance are limited (this is not a fault of the set, when viewed from an appropriate 10+ feet the viewing angle is quite good) compared to a plasma, but this is true for most non IPS LCD displays.
Um... honestly i haven't found many other faults. Just don't expect for view from 5 feet away and have the same sharpness as a 40inch, this is made to be seen from a distance away.

Overall, this is the greatest set i have owned.

Couple of tips: if you want an extended service plan you can buy directly for just a few hundred dollars for a total of 4 years. (This is the best deal I am aware of)
Please (for your sake and mine) don't use dynamic picture mode! Below are my settings (this is designed to be accurate to colors and brightness) but I encourage your to experiment to find your own settings as each set seems to have different Red saturation levels.
Game Mode:
opc off
backlight = 2
Contrast = 26
BRIGHT = 1
COLOR = -5
Tint = 4
Sharp = 0
Hue
R 5
Y 1
G -8
C 1
B 3
M -3

Sat
R -10
Y 2
G 0
C 0
B 13
M 1

Value
R 3
Y 0
G 13
C 0
B 30
M 0

Temp (Low)
R 13
Y 0
G -29
C 3
B 0
M -18
Active Contrast = Off
Gamma -2
DNR = Off
Monocrome Off
Range of OPC N/A

Happy Viewing!!!
By Amazon Customer on June 7, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment