Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Samsung UN65JU6700 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2015 Model)





JU6700 Series Curved 4K UHD TV

Boasting a curved screen and 4K ultra high-definition resolution, the Samsung JU6700 65-Inch UHD Smart TV delivers an immersive, panoramic viewing experience. This Smart TV is equipped with PurColor, UHD Dimming, and a range of other picture-enhancing features to provide a crisp, vibrant image. It also features versatile connectivity options that let you display video from your compatible mobile device.

Curved Screen Draws You into the Action

Featuring a curved screen, the JU6700 Smart TV creates an immersive viewing experience that is ideal for watching sports or movies. The screen's curved design provides a greater sense of depth and great off-angle viewing so every seat is the best seat in the house.

Lifelike Images with 4K UHD Resolution

Thanks to the JU6700 Smart TV's 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution, you'll enjoy exceptional detail and true-to-life image quality. The screen renders images in up to four times the resolution of Full HD to deliver a crisp, pristine picture.

Advanced Samsung Smart TV Offers Easy Access to Content

The Samsung JU6700 Smart TV provides one place to enjoy content from a wide range of sources. Easily connect the Smart TV wirelessly* with your compatible Galaxy smartphone for streaming and content sharing. It also lets you access your favorite program choices, live TV, video on demand, streaming sources, apps and social media in one easy-to-browse navigation experience.
*All devices must be on the same network and internet connection is required.

PurColor Technology Delivers Vibrant, Accurate Colors

The JU6700 Smart TV offers vivid, natural colors with its PurColor feature. Enjoy incredible shades of color, as nature intended, with technology that accurately blends primary and secondary colors for spectacular picture performance.



UHD Dimming for Greater Picture Clarity

With UHD Dimming, the JU6700 Smart TV allows you to experience UHD picture quality with deeper blacks, purer whites, brighter colors, and enhanced detail in every image.

View Everything in Higher Definition with UHD Upscaling

With the JU6700 Smart TV, you'll be able to experience incredible 4K UHD entertainment, accessible through leading streaming services and more. The TV also upscales non-UHD TV signals, Blu-ray, and other older video to near 4K UHD clarity, so you can view all of your media in exceptional resolution.

Auto Depth Enhancer for Improved Image Depth

The JU6700 Smart TV also features Samsung contrast-enhancing technology, which optimizes contrast across multiple zones of the picture to produce a richer, more dramatic sense of depth. The technology deepens contrast without distorting the picture's color or detail, creating a more immersive and cinematic image.


Ultra Clear Panel Minimizes Glare

Thanks to its ultra-clear viewing panel, the JU6700 Smart TV ensures a great viewing experience from all angles. The screen absorbs ambient light and softens reflections to deliver a clear, frustration-free viewing experience.

Smart View 2.0 for Easy Mobile Streaming

Using the Samsung Smart View 2.0 feature, you can wirelessly share content between your TV and your mobile device.*
*All devices must be on the same network and internet connection is required.

Quad-Core Processor for a Responsive Performance

Equipped with a quad-core processor, the JU6700 Smart TV lets you switch between apps with ease. This powerful processor enables the TV to quickly respond to your commands, delivering a fluid experience.


Smart Remote Control for Easy, Intuitive Operation

The included Smart Remote Control gives you optimized control over your Smart TV. You can use the touchpad to navigate intuitively between menus or simply point it at your screen and click, as you would with a mouse. The remote even features a built-in microphone for convenient voice commands.


Ports and Connectivity

The Samsung JU6700 Smart TV is equipped with four HDMI ports, three USB ports, one component-in, and one composite-in. It also features built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi and supports Samsung Anynet+.



CLICK –






SAMPLE CUSTOMER REVIEW'S

1) A lot for the money... - Samsung UN65JU6700 65 INCH 4K UHD LED TV

I purchased this TV last week and here are my impressions.

I had a 60’ LG Plasma prior to this unit. I was looking to stay at the 65” size without spending more than $2500. I looked at this unit as well as the non-curved version (UN65JU6500). For $200 more you get the curved screen and a fancy remote.

Curve: I do like the curve. I have a dedicated room “Man Cave” that will allow four people to sit and watch comfortably. We sit about 5 feet from the display. I do feel it gives a bit more of an immersive experience when sitting relatively close and centered. If you are sitting further away within a larger room, it most likely will not give that feeling. I do notice less glare than I did with a flat screen. The curve does say “I am new and special” to any who see it. No one has complained about visual issues from the curvature. My family likes it.

Picture: Wow! The picture is exceptional. Good source material will produce an outstanding image. I searched the Netflix app for 4k and found about six titles to try out. Breaking Bad, House of Cards, and some nature landscapes demo videos. They were very good. I have a six Mbps internet download speed and did not have any buffering during playback. I have watched HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, OTA, and TIVO recordings. All looked to be up-scaled with good results. The colors are sharp and bright. The various screen presets allow you to customize according to what you are watching. The resolution and sharpness can make some movies look like soap operas. Adjusting the screen settings can help with that. I have not watched any sports programming yet so I cannot speak on how it handles fast motion material. I did not notice any problems when watching action movies.
I did note some picture irregularities when I had a black screen. Flash lighting and brightness irregularities along the bottom of the screen and near the corners. I was ready to call and arrange a return until I stumbled upon a thread dealing with this issue. I followed a questionable? guide to fixing these issues found here: [...]
This resolved most if not all of my backlight issues. I now have uniform screen brightness. I simply rubbed the screen with a microfiber cloth in the areas with excessive light. Just a little more pressure than you would use cleaning the screen. I am pretty sure that the pressure on the screen when laying it down to install the stand caused the issues, maybe. The stand install was done according to the instructions provided with the TV. This would be the first thing I would check when setting the TV up. It is very noticeable with a dark scene or letterboxed movie.

Remote: The remote for this TV is nice. I generally use a Harmony One universal remote control. The Harmony is one of the best investments I have ever made in my Home Theater. The Samsung remote has no number buttons and is a small device. It is about the size of a small flashlight. More round than anything. It has voice control which I have yet to do more than try a couple of commands. It worked. The interesting feature for me was the mouse pointer built in. When you place your finger on it a curser appears on screen. It appears over the media being played on any input. You then can navigate the menus and settings using the pointer. It would be a pain in the butt to enter text this way. I suppose that is what the voice control is for. I will continue to use my Harmony even though I enjoyed playing with the Samsung remote.

USB: I played some avi and mp4 files via usb thumb drive with no problem at all. The media player is easy to navigate and use. In the past I have had to play files through a DVD player that did not show the progress as you paused or manipulated the playback. The built-in player does a nice job of navigating to the files and allows you to navigate as you would expect. When you plug a drive into a USB port, a pop up will appear asking if you would like to browse the device. You can also plug in a keyboard to enter text with.

Apps: There are plenty of applications on the Smart Hub. I use Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, Youtube, Crackle, UFC and a couple of others. All worked without problems. I watched 4K (HDX, UHD) videos from Netflix, Amazon and Youtube. I was able to connect to my computers in the house and stream audio and video files pretty easily. Good interface for that.

Sound: I use a Yamaha receiver for my surround sound. I am using the optical out from the TV to send sound to the receiver. It has worked on all apps that I have used. Dolby Digital, DTS, and plain old stereo are passed without problem. This output has to be set up in the settings of the TV and was easily done.

Conclusion: I am an average consumer and not an expert. I have had large TVs of various types over the years. This TV does not have the deep blacks that my plasma had, but it is not bad. This TV does not turn my small room into an oven like the plasma did either. I love the picture. I love the feature set. I like the remote. I appreciate the customization features. It does not have all the features of its pricier siblings, but it satisfies all of my needs at a price I can afford. I am very happy with this purchase. I would recommend this TV to anyone who is looking for the best value in a 4K set.

By Steve on May 14, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment